Sunday, March 3, Corrales will be hopping with fresh goodies at the Grower’s Market (11am-1pm), a new ArtsAlive! event: The Art of Chili Cookoff (1-3 pm).
In addition, there are special art shows at our friendly, wonderful galleries.(1-5 pm). Spend the afternoon tasting and visiting restaurants and pubs enjoying beer, music and more chili “specialties.”
Here’s how the Art of Chile Competition works: Between 1 and 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, purchase a $5.00 entry bracelet at posted tastings locations to enjoy five red chili tastings prepared by local eateries. Profits go to the Corrales Fire Department.
- Galeria de Corrales (chili by Wagners Farms)o\
- The Dish by Trish (Trish’s! chili)
- Casa Vieja (chili by ABQ BBQ)
- Corrales Bistro Brewery (house chef)
- Las Ristras (house chef)
Chili creations will be judged for “best tasting” by a famous New Mexican chef, and a People’s Choice Award will be selected by YOU!
Alert in Corrales...
A cyclist enjoying our Bosque recently spotted this beautiful bald eagle in a cottonwood tree. A few minutes later, they also spotted local photographer Victor Hugo with a LONG lens on his camera and pointed him in the right direction. Just half an hour later, he captured this magnificent photo. So... is this guy moving in or just passing through? See if you spot him on your next walk or ride in the Bosque!
Corrales MainStreet Needs Your Help!
Corrales Main Street is beginning its annual partnership drive and will soon begin its new fiscal year. We’re hoping you will join us when we ring it in. Your MainStreet organization has been instrumental in bringing businesses into Corrales that fit in with the makeup of the Village while generating necessary gross receipts taxes. Working with other organizations, it is positioning Corrales to become an Arts and Cultural district within the state, highlighting the wealth of artistic talent that calls Corrales home as well as our unique cultural and heritage sites.
As with any non-profit, volunteers are the backbone of the organization. That’s where you come in. We are looking for volunteers to work on committees and to serve on the Board of Directors.
We have several committees in place that can always use more volunteers.
- The Design Committee is currently working on making the first phase of the Pathways project a reality. They also interface between businesses in the Main Street corridor and the state Main Street organization to help with façade improvement.
- The Promotion Committee plans promotional material across media types designed to bring visitors into the village to eat at our restaurants, shop our stores and stay at our B&B’s. They also coordinate the production and distribution of In Focus.
- The Economic Development Committee tackles tasks related to the Economic Growth of the Village. Tasks such as LEDA (Local Economic Development Act) and the Doing Business in Corrales website are a result of this committee.
- The Organization Committee is responsible for building the partnership base, heads up the board nominating committee and produces the annual meeting.
You can elect to serve on any of these committees or serve on the board.
The Corrales Main Street Board meets once a month on Thursday evenings for approximately ninety minutes. Serving on the Board of Directors gives you a chance to add your input to the operation of the non-profit and the direction we take within the village. Board members serve for a maximum of three years after which they may, if they desire, serve for another three-year term. Won’t you come join us?
If you would like more information or wish to volunteer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Volunteer in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!