Horses & Their People
We’re the “Horse Capital of New Mexico.” Hundreds of horses live and work in this village.
Visiting horse owners accompanied by their equines can find short-term boarding options with Marc Guerin & Karen Fitzpatrick – 505-238-5915 or Joyce Fay - 505-463-4553.
Once here you can take advantage of the Topform Arena (public) and ride the extensive trail network throughout the village. C.H.A.M.P. (Corrales Horse and Mule People) have an excellent trail map and a LOT more information on their website!
Some additional activities for horse enthusiasts include:
- Visit a training farm (Valencia Farm – 505-899-5336)
- Take a horseback riding lesson (High C Acres - HighCAcres.com
- Book a trail ride at Red Horse Riding Company - RedHorseRidingCo.com
- Hire a draft horse wagon ride or arrange a carriage rental - WildHorseHarry.com
- Learn about how equine therapy helps people
- Attend one of the many annual events showcasing horses (see Events)
- Shop for horse related items at The Village Mercantile
- Shop for horse tack and accessories at The Cinchy Cowgirl