Unique galleries provide several hours of perusing excellent quality, affordable local art.
Here is an “art crawl” starting from the South on Corrales Road:
- Frame ‘n Art (left side) is known for its metal sculpture garden. Owners Suanne and Michael Derr will regale you artist info and also with how the gorgeous eagle sculpture was carved from a bothersome elm tree.
- Moving North (left side), the Galleria cooperative gallery presents many media, at tempting prices.
- Next, about ½ mile North (left side) is Mercado de Maya. See Corrales Fine Arts with award-winning pieces by owners Barbara Clark and Susanna Erling, as well as a curated collection of paintings, jewelry, and sculpture. If you want to paint your own wineglasses, this is the place.
- Next door is the large Corrales Bosque Gallery, another cooperative with stunning pottery, jewelry, paintings, and sculpture.
- Finally, across the road (right side) and north by about 1/8th of a mile is the new Corrales Arts Center featuring various artists.
Many art events are held each year. See the Events section of this website.
For additional details about these galleries and other Corrales businesses, see our Business Directory page.